Sunday, August 15, 2010

The early bird catches the worm

After a couple of months waiting and a week of late nights preparing, the day for bramble and bears first market stall came on Sunday!
It happened to be the morning after a friends wedding reception in a far away land (Merricks North) so after 4 hours sleep I awoke on Sunday morning to the sound of my alarm and gale force winds blowing outside. At least it wasn't raining! Yet...

My brother in law Tim and I arrived at Camberwell Market at 6am and set up our stall.
At 9am clouds had gathered and a downpour of rain caught everyone by surprise. Lucky for us and the stall next door to ours, my husband Sean had bought us a $100 gazebo we could share and use to keep dry!
Leora's dog Keeta keeps guard over Tim's Hiss Hiss merchandise! She even models one of his screen printed shirts!


Some of Bird's Go Tweet's gorgeous products www.birds gotweet.com

I was pleasantly surprised at the success of bramble and bears first market stall, especially in spite of the weather! Thank you to everyone who braved the rain and wind and to all my new customers!
I'm looking forward to holding more stalls in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment